Monday 30 March 2009

Bugging Me All Weekend

#1 - Bugging Me For 30 Minutes
Ottawa Erin and I were sitting having coffee talking about movies. We then remembered going to a movie together with Jerrica but not which movie it was. It took forever to figure it out and neither of us could remember. We thought we had never seen a serious movie together, only comedies, but we couldn't be sure. Even though the conversation went through many topics it kept coming back to what that movie had been. Finally I ended up using Erin's cell phone to call Jerrica and ask her. Turns out it was "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith, which was a serious movie.
Solution: Call Roommate

#2 - Bugging Me For 1 Week
I don't know how this came to mind but at one point last week I was talking about something and wanted to use this specific word for swearing. 'A swear word' can also be called something that starts with an 'e'. For the life of me I could not figure out what it was. If kept coming up every couple of days and I would try a whole bunch of options but none seemed right. 'Expolusitive' or 'explicitive' or 'expl-something.' This time Jerrica didn't know. I was ranting about it to her on the bus Saturday evening when the girl behind us said that it might be 'expletive' that I was looking for.
Solution: Stranger On Bus

#3 - Bugging Me For 6 Months
Since I heard the Jon Lajoie song 'Stay At Home Dad' I have know that it is a parody of heavy metal music. Strangely this is a genre that I know fairly well, from my brother and former boyfriends. Specifically it reminded me of a certain one but I could not figure it out!!



I eventually realised that it was the 'I take care of my children' part that was similar to a song that I remember from my old clubbing days at The Kingdom on The Edge Live To Air nights, way back. It was a perfect parody of something. I googled it the other day and after a few searches found someone mentioning that it reminded them of a RATM song. Took me a second to figure out that RATM is Rage Against The Machine and then I had to listen to a couple of their songs on YouTube to figure out which one. Turns out it is the 'Now you do what they told ya' part of their song "Killing In The Name" which was on their 1992 album.
Solution: Search The Internet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So resourceful!