Saturday 18 April 2009

X & Y

The past few weeks I find that I have been repeating a similar statement to my friends. I keep saying; To Z, 'Have a great time X, I will see you when I get back from Y.' At the end of this week I am going with Teri and her friend out west. We are spending the first few days driving out, Road Trip! On the way, I get to stop into Edmonton to visit Erin, Anne, and hopefully Little Brother Mike. Teri's friend lives in Vancouver so Teri and I will be staying with her and touring the city for a little over a week. We are planning on spending a bit of time in Victoria as well before we fly back to Ontario on May 10th. In the above statement I am obviously referring to this trip, but I word it a number of different ways. Y = 'Vancouver', 'Out West', 'B.C.', 'My Vacation', 'My Road Trip.' While Y is fairly random, logistically in this statement, X is dependant on Z. Obviously the location (X) I'm wishing my friend (Z) to have a great time time in is directly connected to which friend I'm talking to and where they are going. So the remaining variables for this statement are:
If Z = 'Heather', Therefore X = 'In Pittsburgh', 'With S'
If Z = 'Anna', Therefore X = 'In Mexico'
If Z = 'Taylor', Therefore X = 'In Europe', 'On Your Trip'
If Z = 'Kristen', Therefore X = 'In Europe', 'On Your Trip'

What this has made me realise is that my friends and I travel alot. It confirms that I'm really excited about my trip and have been probably talking about it with alot of my friends. This also shows that helping Taylor study for statistics last night has really made me look at the world from a more mathematics standpoint and that I'm totally lame.

4 comments:

Fae said...

Yay, I'm S! Hahah.

Unknown said...

This post took me a long time to read because it has math. :P hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Math rocks!

Teri

P.S. I saw Mr. Rodgers on the streets of Toronto today....heading to a Blue Jays game of course. Didn't flag him down though cuz he seemed to be in a hurry and last time I ran into him I was with a different guy and it was slightly awkward for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I love this post!...being a bit of a stats and logic person myself...I like it so much I'm even writing to tell you so from X. Haha!
Z=A.