Thursday 15 July 2010

LIVE UPDATE - # 1

After an uneventful flight last night (though my row didn't have windows which was a little weird) I was met at the airport by Anne. We were both wearing cowboy hats, as is a significant percentage of the rest of the people here. (I would say depending on the area about 2% - 30% are rocking it cowboy style.) I got a tour of the city in Anne's sweet little car and a quick bite to eat at a super trendy place that reminded me just how cool and urban Anne has always been. The food and atmosphere was amazing. Actually, so far I have really loved everything about Calgary. I could definitely live here if life takes me west at some point. They have some vibrant little neighbourhoods, a booming downtown, lots of wild green spaces, really interesting geological features, and you can see mountains in the distance. Calgary has stolen a little piece of my heart and I'm very excited for my upcoming Stampede experience!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Nice to see that you are being properly treated by your Stempded host...

Deborah said...

Spelling fail.

Anonymous said...

Calgary sounds great, I hope someday you do get to live there and I will have an excuse to come visit (often)
Mum

Jannedals said...

how did you misspell Stampede?!?!?!??
yes, cool and urban is how I've always described myself ;)
wish you could have stayed longer!!!

Anonymous said...

How was the stampede? I hope to visit Calgary one day!

Teri