Tuesday 17 August 2010

LIVE UPDATE - # 19

I made it to Moscow! (For all those that were worried, it has been blue skys and only the faintest smell of smoke on occasion.) Yesterday, and again today actually, I saw The Red Square and the very iconic St. Basil's Cathedral. I was very excited walking up through the arches for my first glimpse of the church. It was definitely something I had been looking forward to but I was surprised just how awesome it was to see it. I would consider it 'my moment' of the trip - where I really realised where I was and how amazing this trip is. Over the past two days I have taken a million pictures of it. We are going to see it tonight after dark when the square is all lit up, so more pictures there, and we are still in Moscow tomorrow, so I'm sure even more pictures. Here are two with me in them...
(Photos taken by my roomate.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear is all is well! This certainly is the trip of a lifetime, I am so happy for you that you managed to pull this off. I can't wait for the gazillion pictures and stories. xo

Julia

Anonymous said...

You look awesome Chris!! And very happy :)

Teri

Anonymous said...

You look so good! Hope you're having an amazing time! Miss you xo
Jer

Anonymous said...

OK so it has been said about 100 times already - but Chris you look AWESOME and not travel-weary at all! Those churches look unbelievable, I want to go there just to take the pictures! Glad you weren't overtaken by forest fires. Remember to stop, drop and roll.

Love, T

P.s. MISS you!

JennB said...

Look at you looking all skinny and not exposing your labia!