Saturday 16 October 2010

A First

I went to the laundromat, which didn't take as long as I thought it would. It also didn't cost as much as I was anticipating. However, it still would be nicer to have laundry in our apartment, or even just in our building. I might get a used washer and dryer at some point, since I think there is room in the back room to install it. The other two apartments each have a set. I left a note asking if we could make arrangements (and pay) to use theirs, but no one emailed. Off to the laundromat then! I don't think I have really ever used one before. I did in Paris, France but that was different. Also in residence the laundry was in the basement of a big apartment style building, so it felt a bit like one. I'm pretty sure this was my first true laundromat experience. It felt very urban, but poor and urban. I should have done more reading but I kept getting distracted by the spinning clothes. Next time I will try to be more productive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done, another first (sort of). I have had to use them on occasion in my life and the challenge is for it not to be, or feel like, wasted/unproductive time.
Mum

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Congratulations! The only time I used a washer/dryer outside of the house was in rez...but it was still in the same building! I hated lugging my clothes through the halls to the laundry room though.
Hope Toronto is fabulous :)

ERin