Monday 20 December 2010

Sushi Panic!!

ERin stopped by from Edmonton on her way home for Christmas. Matt and her stayed over for a night here. She got me a Christmas gift that she prefaced with, "Well, it combines two of your favourite things." It turned out to be a sushi based boardgame, called Sushi Panic. The words "Sushi Panic" are the only English words in the entire game, the cards, box, etc. are all in Japanese. Luckily Matt was able to determine from the pictures how to play. It reminds me of the boardgame Perfection from when I was little, which I never had but saw the commercial for it so many times that I still know the jingle. Although, with Sushi Panic you aren't racing the clock nor are you fitting shapes into holes, maybe a better comparison would be Perfection combined with Jenga. You have pieces of sushi at different weights, worth different amounts of points, and you put them onto the sushi board; at a certain point the board pops up spilling all the sushi and the game is over, most points wins. It is so hilariously random, but oddly addictive. It has not left our coffee table all weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued!! Oh how I've missed you and your blog!

Teri