Tuesday 26 July 2011

To Travel Or Not To Travel

I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow!! Yes, I know I just came back from Alberta but, as Teri pointed out, the older we get the less time we have to travel. I think she meant that we will have families and responsibilities, because if she stays a teacher she will always have "summer's off" (they aren't as "off" as you think they are). Also, usually the further along in a career the more vacation weeks you are given. Regardless of the accuracy of her statement, I never need much convincing to travel!!

Nor do I need a lot of money apparently. I'm definitely feeling a little strapped for cash. I wish I had a job lined up for when I get back which I could start in late August or early September but I haven't had time to look. I lucked out and got a bit of a break on my MRP which means I don't have to rush this last bit of the final draft, also Kristen and JennB will be happy to have more time to help me with final edits since I am always so last minute. I'm not planning on taking piles of MRP stuff along on the trip, but it will be hard to leave it all behind. I will have it on the laptop so if the mood strikes me I can work on it a bit. However, I really just want to see what this place is all about and worry about the MRP next week. (I'm pretty sure the place is all about partying, but I will let you know.)

No comments: