Tuesday 17 December 2013

A Photo Essay For My Dad

Where I write, Steph photographs (though her words are pretty decent too, despite what she thinks.) She has been working on blog post about my dad for a little while, even though she found it upsetting; I am very glad she persevered because the end result is lovely:

By Steph Koning, 

Before the funeral, my family put together two large boards of pictures. It was nice to go through all the photo albums and make the large collages reflecting his life. Originally the plan had been to put all the photos back in the albums but Mum is going to keep the boards intact for a little while since they are a good way to remember him. Steph's pictures are much more concentrated (and much more professional.) They really show what Dad was like these last 5 to 8 years. It is good to remember all those amazing summers at The Cottage.

No comments: