Wednesday 8 January 2014

Not Every Day In 2013

Reviewing my New Years Resolution from 2013 about blogging and I did not fulfill it. I had decided pretty early on that instead of trying to blog every single day in 2013, I would do 6 days a week and allow myself to skip one day. Well that would mean about 312 posts last year, and if you look on the left-hand side, I only did 234. It was a big improvement from the previous few years, but it still isn't up to pre-2010 standards and I have yet to ever have a year that Always Standing has more than 365 posts. If you look at the breakdown, like all resolutions, I start strong and then have a weak June and off and on weak months after that.

So, I am trying again - My resolution then is to BLOG EVERY DAY IN 2014 so that the number beside it reads at least 365 by this time next year. And again, this will hopefully, up my readership, mean more comments, improve my writing, and better document my life. (A reread of last year's post and it says "document this amazing year that I plan to have" and this time I am not going to make near as bold a statement.)

Speaking of blogging...
Remember to regularly check out the two blogs listed in My Links:
- Mom's Travel Blog - She recently did a great post reflecting about her first year of blogging and I really agree that it becomes more about doing it for yourself than for others - however, I am still the type of writer that lives for the comments. Unless she is travelling and using vicarious travelling as a daily diary, then mom is posting a little more than once a week.
- Steph's Photo Blog - She has always been good and seems to be getting better and better! With Stephanie Beach Photography taking off the way it is, I was worried that Steph's blog would become less personal, but it hasn't. She posts about once a week, a combination of client shots and personal ones.

Also, check out the funny writings of my GeoConnections' Girls:
They don't quite post enough or consistently enough to show up on My Links yet, but when they do bring something to the internet it is always amazing!
- Generic Blonde Musings - ERin's blog started back in the summer and follows her life back in Edmonton. She spent a couple of years in Ottawa but has moved back west again.
- Whispering Swede Nothings - Anne's blog to document her time in Sweden as she works on her Masters. She has always had the funnest posts, even previously on her personal blog. Also Sweden seems crazy. It looks like Anne is posting about twice a month or so.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

:) I like that you want to post regularly again, I miss checking your blog in the morning and finding new posts.

Also, I post twice a week minimum on my photo blog (more during the wedding season). I have an excel sheet that tracks it for me so I know when I need to post again and so that I don't post too many of one type of feature close together. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm also looking forward to more regular posts. Love your blog! Just bookmarked it on the new tablet :)

Love,
Teri

Anonymous said...

I still read your blog with my morning coffee, even loch enjoys the pictures. Can't wait to read more!

Sweeton said...

Your blog is on my favorites bar on the computer and the tablet and I check it pretty well daily. I am always disappointed when there isnt something new and I'm always happiest when it is something you wrote rather than something off the net.
Thanks for promoting my blog, I too love comments.
Mum

Jannedals said...

doing my irregular batch reading ;)