Sunday 2 February 2014

Cities And Kings

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

My dad's emails were amazing. They were always so sweet but so strangely put together. I used to print them out when I was living in residence at Carleton and stick them up on my walls. At the funeral, I referenced his tenancy to never capitalize anything, except Mike's name, but it seems he was breaking out of that a little bit. However, I suspect it was because Mom and Dad were sending more emails using their tablet and it forces some punctuation on you. Similar to the last texts, this is the last email that I got from my dad (he died 9 days later). All punctuation and spacing is accurate:

Date: November 18, 2013
Subject: Cities and kings

I played Settlers Cities and Kings version gameson cruise.I meet a person form N.B canada. who still playes on line at the site you and I played. He said you can not get in away more it is full and no new members . LONG game 3 people 3-4 hours. and ton of twist and turns . David in Otawa would love it . Love dad

No comments: