Wednesday 12 February 2014

Kristen And I Are In School

Mid-Week Friend Update - A Wednesday feature that provides a small update on what is happening with the incredible people that I have in my life.

After leaving The Word On The Street, Kristen's new job with The Writer's Union of Canada involves a lot of design work. She decided to start taking some related night courses through the Continuing Education program at George Brown College. She is working towards a Graphic Design Certificate. According to the George Brown website, "This certificate provides you with a foundation in design principles as well as training in the main software applications currently used within the industry." When she went to pick her third (of the eight total needed to get the certificate) she decided on a Photoshop course. I love photography and feel like it is probably a good time to upgrade my Photoshop skills, that I haven't improved on since the Media Photography course at Carleton. We go on Wednesdays and while I missed tonight's because I was overwhelmed at work, I really love the class and it is great to hang out with Kristen once a week too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss that photography class at Carleton... And taking classes with you!!! xoxo