Wednesday 19 March 2014

NYC - No You Can't

I got Jason a trip to New York City for his 30th birthday (November of 2013). Unfortunately we ended up needing to postpone it. So, we have credit with JetBlue to use and Jason is still really keen on going to NYC. I wanted to go in the Winter, since Teri and I went recently in the summer and I really love NYC around Christmas, which is when Jerrica and I went in 2008.

Jason decided he wanted to go in the Spring; he has been stressed at work and a little break sometime in the next couple month would be good. He got the okay from his boss and we started to look into flights and which weekend would work. Luckily, right before we booked I said that we should check hotels out to make sure that there isn't something going on that weekend that booked everything up. Well turns out that something is just the fact it is New York City. Hotels were insanely expensive.

We spent a long time, him on his computer and me on the tablet, looking for a hotel in Manhattan that was less than $200 a night. Even when we were looking at private rooms in hostels, in Brooklyn, the Bronx, or Queens that had a shared bathroom - it was still well over $150 a night. So, we decided not to book.

We are hoping to go in September and book early enough in advance to find a good deal.

1 comment:

Erin said...

When I went with a few people we rented a vacation apartment for a week, for the 6 of us it was only 200 each and there were three bedrooms. Might be worth looking into.