Sunday 20 April 2014

Talks About Sharks

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

I received a note from Amy a couple of weeks ago, she reached out to tell me this story and let me know that my dad meant something to her son, Ethan. I believe Ethan is 5 years old. Braeden and Amy had been redecorating Ethan's room a little bit with Star Wars posters. Ethan was having a blast hanging them with sticky tack. When they were done hanging posters Ethan got the picture of my dad in a black army toque that was given out during the wake and hung it on his wall, completely on his own. He said he likes seeing George and thinking about their talks about sharks. Ethan is very passionate about sharks and Dad had toy ones at The Cottage that he and Ethan played with. As Amy phrased it, "Your dad had such a way with people," and I completely agree. I was so thankful to hear the story! Ethan is amazing and, living in Toronto, I don't see him or his parents as much as I would like. I am glad that my dad got to bond with him. To have your picture share wall space with Star Wars posters in a 5 year old's room is very special. It makes me feel like he won't be easily forgotten.

No comments: