Tuesday 14 October 2014

Teri Found Me!!

In July, Coca-Cola launched it's Share a Coke campaign in Canada. Basically they changed the labels on 27 million bottles each of which features one of Canada's 290 most popular names (of people in their teens, 20's, and 30's). The Globe and Mail ran an article about it back at the start of summer. I don't think I noticed the names on the bottles until August or so, but since then I have been looking for my name - it is never there! When we went to Wonderland together this year, Jeska suggested that it was probably only the top 100 names and that Christine wasn't on the list anymore. Jeska finds her's (Jessica) all the time.

Well, when Jason and I went to go pick up Two in Oakville yesterday, Teri had a bottle with my name on it! (She very kindly looked after Two while we were away.) It is the 4th month of these bottles and I now have one. Then I decided to look it up and it turns out Teri wasn't printed, but you can make a digital one:
I think it is such a brilliant campaign. The thing with Coke is that if you want one, you are going to go buy one but they have now found a way to get you to buy one without even wanting it, buying one for someone else! In Teri's case, she wanted one and went to buy it, saw my name and bought an extra one. Genius marketing! I bought one for Noah when I found his and seriously have been looking for my name for months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks Chris! Love you :)

- Teri