Wednesday 20 April 2016

Coaching Question - Part Two

I can easily say that I would want the words that colleagues might use to describe my personality to be different than the ones I would want from my friends.

I have never been able to ‘put on’ an alternate persona for work, or other situations that may require me to act differently. Suggestions to have two separate selves for professional and personal life feels fake. It also know how challenging it would be to learn to do this, because I have tried before and always failed.

Evan encouraged me to, “Be authentic. Don’t try to be something you’re not. Adjust your approach while remaining genuine.” This was reassuring. I realized that I can still be true to myself and be described by four words by colleagues and a different four by friends - I can be all eight!

No comments: