Sunday 1 May 2016

Moved By Dad

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A Sunday post about my Dad, named after a song that he loved.

Jason and I moved into Casa Verde last weekend. I was very thankful for the friends and family who helped out - I had never moved a whole house before. It was always just 'a room' in Ottawa when I was a student moving to a new place every couple of years. Here is a bit of a comparison:

All previous moves (in Ottawa):
- Parents brought the trailer (first the brown painted wood one, then the upgraded metal one)
- Dad wore his 'I'm moving things' back brace and sometimes socks with sandals
- Extra long twin bed separated easily into four pieces
- Had to unscrew the mirror from my dresser
- Wrapped the glass top of my desk in sheets
- Only had about 5 items of furniture, 4 boxes of stuff, and 2 suitcases of clothes
- Multiple loads driven around the block or down the street
- Took 2 to 4 hours of work
- Spent the weekend hanging out with my parents in Ottawa

This move:
- Full house of furnature and stuff
- Rented a U-haul truck
- No Dad

No comments: