Sunday 26 June 2016

A Warm House

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A Sunday post about my Dad, named after a song that he loved.

Jason and I had a housewarming party yesterday. It was nice to show people Casa Verde who had never seen it before and give others an update of the place now that it is no longer chaos.

I think Dad would have liked the house. I am having a hard time bringing his memory into the space and hope that hanging his photograph will help that. I can't decide if I want it in my bedroom again or put it in the living room this time.

I hope he would be impressed with all the work we are doing and the labour that comes from the challenge to be thrifty with our ever growing renovations. There are parts of Casa Verde that I know we would like: the main floor original hardwood floors, the beautiful staircase, moving the laundry upstairs, our cherry tree and garage in the backyard.

Also, I agree with Mom, I don't think he would ever be able to wrap his head around the value. The price would always bug him - I know we made a good purchase, but Toronto is crazy and I don't think he could get past the cost to truly enjoy Casa Verde.

No comments: