Sunday 9 October 2016

Watkins Glen State Park

It was such a full day yesterday that we wanted to take advantage of the sunshine but also take it easy. We slept in and then headed down the far (east) side of Seneca Lake. The main focus of the day was a visit to Watkins Glen State Park to do a hike through the gorge.

Jason and I by a Bridge
Watkins Glen State Park, NY - 2016
Photo by Jason

We stopped by Ponderosa for an early buffet dinner on our way back up the west-side of the lake. I had to be really careful with what, and how much, I ate, but was happy that we got to go since it is one of my favourite places. We got back to the hotel in time to catch the Blue Jays game and have a quiet night in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a friend from my MA who lives near Watkins Glen/Finger Lakes, in a town called Elmira. It's a beautiful part of New York State! Looks like you had fun! :)