Friday 24 August 2007

Humour

I feel I have a good sense of humour, or at least a sense of humour in general be it good or bad. It is hard to nail down what it is that I do to be funny since it isn't really witty, goofy, sarcastic, or silly. I think I tend to try to be exaggerated and melodramatic for a humourous effect at the ridiculousness of my statements or behaviour. I feel this might make me satirical in nature. (I have always loved satire.)

Basically I tend to exaggerate to draw notice to the ridiculousness of other people, possibly even those around me, which I guess is, in a way, slightly insulting. More often though it is poking fun at a dumb societal idea, stereotype, or behaviour like "the drama queen" or "the dumb girl." I tend to be pretty ironic and occasionally sarcastic, both of which can be tied at times to satire. I definitely feel that this is a area of humour and literature that I'm interested in and should pursue further.

No comments: