Monday 4 February 2008

Book Crossing

I woke up Saturday with nothing to do. I lay in bed for an hour or so before I started to get a little board. Then I remembered I had gotten a book for Christmas. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, the British author who also writes the Shopaholic series. I started reading it around 11:30. 4 hours and 404 pages later I finish it, finding myself still in my bed in pj's, and it felt like only moments had past. I was planning donating it to the library, as I don't like to own very many books. (The book must be truly special for me to want to own a copy.) Then a woman at work told me about Book Crossing It is an amazing idea. You register a book and then "release" it into the world, hoping others will "catch" it. Then the book gets tracked and travels all over the world. I can't wait to leave mine in the cafeteria at work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea, I'm going to do the same with the one I got for Xmas and I'll probably read it in South Carolina when I'm down and start it's journey there.
Mum

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to do that. I have so many books that I'm running out of room. I've always wanted to find one of those traveling books, but never have..

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Sweet idea! I need to make time to read more often.

Teri